Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelors in education –English literature | Any related degree in Education or NGO management or related experience
General Work Experience:
3-5 years as a Project Manager with relevant experience and understanding of the Educational field, that has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems in an effective manner.. Patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in areas of the country difficult to access during certain periods of the year. Remote management experience is an asset.
· To work overtime as required.
· Managing education and project development team
· Ensuring progress - deliverable are being completed within the baseline time scales.
· Ensure project are on budget - deliverable are being completed within the baseline cost plan.
· Ensure project quality - deliverables are being completed to defined expectations.
· Monitor Performance and that progress is being earned for the expected cost
· Ensure that cash flow is being achieved as the defined expectations and report any deviations with analysis and solutions.
· Manage and view the required Safety, Health & Environmental standards are being achieved.
· Reporting - regular and timely reporting of project progress to the Donors.
· Manage foreseen project risk, mitigating as necessary.
· Managing changes to the project without unduly affecting the stated objectives and benefits.
· Produce a progress report monthly.
· Weekly communication meetings with Team Principals.
· Review weekly progress reports of Team Principals.
· Approval of purchase order requisitions.
· Approval of supplier invoices for payment.
· Induct new Team members into the project.
· Identifies project risks and suggests solutions.
· To reach out to new donors through networks and contacts and help win new projects according to Strategic plan.
· To coordinate current projects through the existing coordination bodies in order to minimise overlap and duplication and to maintain coordination within general humanitarian response.
· To produce briefs for other departments e.g. Media on projects and related information as required.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now