DT Global is a new company that aims to become an innovative leader in implementing projects in funded from a variety of donors. The company has corporate offices in USA, Spain and Australia in addition to project field offices around the world implementing projects funded from donor agencies such as USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other global actors. We value learning and research and are building technical capabilities across sectors and skills in order to deliver high-quality interventions in international development.
Under the Economic Growth, Governance, and Agriculture (EGGA) practice, the BD Manager will help design and execute the new business strategy of the EGGA practice area for DT Global Specifically, in close collaboration with the practice management, the BD Manager will compile EGGA BD pipelines, articulate new business strategies, coordinate capture and proposal management, provide technical writing support, represent DT Global at business development related events, and participate in every aspect of the BD cycle with the EGGA team.
- Manage the business development process for the EGGA practice area, in collaboration with the practice area BD Director and staff;
- Track program business development forecasts, assist with go/no-go decision making, plan and execute capture trips, manage pre-bid preparations, act as capture manager for USAID and other donors, and oversee compliance of all proposal submissions
- Help design and refine a business development process that is aligned with corporate guidelines and methods;
- Help the practice area refine and implement a business development strategy and pipeline;
- Manage practice area business intelligence collection efforts;
- Create capture plans that strategically assess bids, draw on all company available resources, and provide streamlined p-win driven bid plans;
- Serve as capture manager, proposal manager, or technical lead or writer on assigned bids or for bids led by colleagues;
- Serve as reviewer during gate reviews and color team reviews;
- Design and execute non-bid initiatives that advance the practice area’s position over DT Global competitors;
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice;
- Work closely with the practice area’s assigned recruiter to deepen DT Global’s network of potential personnel and better understand client staffing needs;
- Represent DT Global at strategic BD related events; and,
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to practice and BD junior staff serving in assigned capture or proposal team functions.
- Supervise Proposal Coordinator(s)
- Master’s degree in international development or a similar field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international development programming, with 2 of those years in a business development role;
- Prior experience writing, running capture, and proposal coordinating USAID bids;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Ability to travel up to 30% per year for capture trips; and,
- Prior experience in the field, preferably in fragile states and/or post-conflict, post-crisis, or political transition environments
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.