Save the Children International are currently recruiting an ECHO Partnerships Manager based in our Brussels office.
The DG ECHO account has nine Save the Children members and the DG ECHO Partnership Manager at Save the Children leads on behalf of the global Save the Children movement on achieving the DG ECHO account objectives in line with the strategy.
* Provide vision and strategic direction to the organisation, and wider movement influencing a complex global network of internal and external stakeholders (including at the most senior levels) to optimise our engagement with DG ECHO.
* Strengthen, develop, and optimise both existing and new partnership opportunities, across the global movement, maximising funding, and influence, with DG ECHO.
* As a senior member of the EU Donor Relations Unit (EU DRU) and a senior staff member in the organisation, and movement, contribute to the development of the wider strategic agenda, lead on cross member account specific initiatives by engaging wide spectrum of stakeholders, as required.
* Input to the change process and play a role in finalising design and ways of working while continuing to embed changes and improvements.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Extensive experience within and knowledge of the EU humanitarian assistance trends and networks; * Extensive professional experience with DG ECHO or within similar roles for comparable organisations would be considered an extremely strong advantage;
* A strong record of accomplishment in strategic account management;
* A proven record of accomplishment in partnership building, brokering relationships with partners, and engagement at a senior level;
* Experience of influencing and delivering results cross organisationally within a large complex organisation;
* In depth experience and knowledge of current thinking and future trends and thorough understanding of contemporary development and child rights issues;
* Strong and demonstrated team leadership skills.
We are offering a competitive salary in addition to a contributory pension and flexible working policies.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.