Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Specialist, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
He/she provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Strictly follows security guidelines including using different routes while driving vehicles to ensure staff safety, paying particular attention while driving Armored vehicles.
Ensure staff security and safety at all times while transporting them. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure usage of vehicles for official purposes only.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely minor repairs;
- Arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car wash, etc.
- Provision of particular attention in the maintenance of armored vehicles in consultation with the supervisor.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Valid vehicle insurance;
- Valid vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
Ensure proper and timely filling of the vehicle log books Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken if involved in an accident.
- Adhere to UNDP internal security guidelines as well as UN security SOP for Road Movement & Security Protocols for Somalia
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENT,CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS.
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
PLANNING,ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Completion of Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
The UN language of the duty station.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension