Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Director, the Driver / Clerk provides reliable and safe driving services to IFAD staff, officials and visitors, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues as well as registry and clerical services, demonstrating a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Maintenance of proper registry system
- Effective mail management
- Cost recovery for pouch services
- Maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the IFAD Record Management System.
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents.
- Provision of photocopies and document scanning of material from the registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material.
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities.
7. Provides travel support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparing travel authorisations, security clearances and administrative support to ICO staff travelling domestically and abroad.
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer.
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence (Level 1)
- Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change (Level 1)
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates (Level 1)
- Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients (Level 1)
- Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability (Level 1)
- Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively (Level 1)
- Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team (Level 1)
- Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others (Level 1)
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships (Level 1)
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other IFAD software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems an asset.
- Knowledge of IFAD administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- Sense of initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Secondary education and Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in administration: Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages and
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Working knowledge of English or Spanish and
- Fluency in Portuguese.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
To this position the person must have active registration in the local Pension Insurance scheme (INSS). For those who lives in a city different of the post duty station (Brasilia), in case of approval, it will not be given relocation allowance.
This person MUST HAVE a valid Driver's brazilian licence prior to the application.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months