Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Sub – Office, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants, Experts and UN staff on mission.
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/ supplies;
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, delivery, collection of mail, documents and other items);
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, support on the visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through a) accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;) Knowledge of the Economic driving (Eco – Driving);
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc as recommended by supervisor;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Preform any other duties as requested by Immediate supervisor.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that:
- human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is create;
- necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
- Good Knowledge of the UN driving rules and polices;
- Demonstrates commitment to UNOCHA’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Have a good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues;
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Knowledge Management and continuous Learning.
- Secondary Education. Valid Driving license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Experience of driving Armored Vehicle is an advantage.
- Basic English and fluent in Arabic.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension