Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and Responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for two (2) suitable Somali Nationals to fill the position of Driver. The position will be based in Mogadishu -Somalia. The Driver reports hierarchically & technically to the Head of Logistics Department.
The driver will be responsible for driving, vehicle maintenance, monthly reporting, and incident reports.
The Driver‘s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Mission 1: Facilitate movement of personnel and equipment under good security conditions:
- Facilitate movement of staff, goods and equipment while observing Action Against Hunger policies on security and vehicle movement
- The driver will liaise with local contacts during route mapping
- Enhance contextual awareness
- Act as spokesperson with local authorities at check-points
- Observe strict adherence to movement schedules and route planning according to the planning and the requests;
- Respect the country’s traffic Laws
- In case of an accident, immediately get in touch with the closest police station and duly inform the logistics department;
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using the vehicle;
Mission 2: Vehicle Maintenance
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the motor;
- Fulfil what it is necessary according to the checks;
- Keep the vehicle clean (internally & externally);
- Fill out the log-book;
- Solve minor technical problems;
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out
- Maintain the vehicle in good condition through proper handling as well regular maintenance checks.
- Ensure vehicle fuel is maintained within recommended levels
- Ensure all relevant vehicle documentation is in order and in place in the vehicle
- Ensure all necessary tools and spares are available in the vehicle
Mission 3: Incident Response & Reporting
- Ensure that incidents and near-misses are reported immediately internally to Action Against Hunger and externally to local authorities
- Respond swiftly as necessitated by the specific incident
- Provide feedback on lessons learned and recommendations for prevention
Mission 4: Monthly & Weekly reporting
- Update vehicle maintenance logs
- Update Fuel log and movement logs with accuracy to ensure accountability
- Provide update on vehicle tools and fire extinguishers
- Diploma / Level of studies from a Technical college
- Military/Police back ground
- Fluent in English.
- HGV driver’s licence
- Defensive Driving
- More than 2 years practical experience as a driver.
- Mechanical skills
- Defensive Driving skills
- Negotiating skills ,Rigour ,Punctuality,
- Flexibility. Coping with high workload, irregular working hours and sometimes challenging working environments.
- Demonstrate team spirit
- Knowledge and adherence to Humanitarian Code of Conduct
- Somali National