Driver - Ghana
Employment Type: Host Country National
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or agricultural sector.
IESC is seeking a Driver for a USAID Farmer-to-Farmer Program funded program in Ghana. The program will focus on improving sanitary/phytosanitary systems and improving access to markets for Ghana's farmers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transports project personnel and visitors within the city of Accra and surrounding areas and on field trips as directed while following all IESC safety and security policies and procedures.
- Keeps project vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs basic maintenance on the vehicle.
- Maintains a daily log of all trips and stops.
- Maintains a good personal appearance (for example, changing uniforms daily and washing uniforms weekly).
- Immediately reports any vehicle accidents to the Project Country Director.
- Serves as a special messenger when required, to deliver cargo, documents/letters or invitations to US Embassy, local government, and international organizations offices.
- Completion of secondary school (certificate required with application.)
- Three to five years prior experience as a chauffeur for an NGO
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of local driving laws and traffic patterns, principal locations around the city, and basic mechanical principles.
- Basic automotive mechanical knowledge.
- A valid Ghanaian driver's license.
- Proven ability to concentrate and drive safely in heavy and hazardous driving conditions.
- Basic knowledge of medical first aid
- Certificate of training in chauffer driving from a security company, the UN, an embassy, Ghanaian government, or similar.