- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications from and to the post office. Government agencies and other institutions;
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals, keeps records as required;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance for the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, breaks, tires etc. performs minor repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Operates photocopying and duplicating machine;
- Assist senior staff in the Project in performing simple clerical duties such filing record keeping answering telephones etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Team Work
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s Values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers talks on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, Collaboration and cooperating with others
- Responds flexibly & positively to change through active involvement
- Strong coordination, negotiation, networking, lobbying and advocacy skills
- Computer literacy
- Recognizes & responds appropriately to the ideas, interests & concerns of others, and give duly credit to other people’s ideas and suggestions
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultural customs
- High moral integrity, as well as diplomacy, impartiality and discretion with proven ability to work and act with discretion in a politically sensitive and challenging environment.
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
- Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
- Partnering and networking
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- At least five years’ work experience as a driver in national or international organization
- Good knowledge of the local language and knowledge of simple communicating English is essential
- Ability in dedication to the United Nations’ principles having demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: till 30 June 2019