Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative Analyst, the Senior Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNDP RR/ UN RC and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. He/she demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request from the supervisor, the incumbent may be required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Summary of Key Functions
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNDP RR/UN RC, other high-ranking officials and visitors;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely minor repairs;
- Arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Valid vehicle insurance;
- Vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country,
- First aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe, cost-effective and timely execution of the CO services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office
Equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Completion of Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in the language of the duty station.
- Knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension