Job no: 508871
Position type: Fixed Term StaffApply now
Division/Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
Department/Office: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-1
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the close supervision of the Resource Mobilization Manager (NOD), assists in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a corporate fundraising strategy, to raise funds from Major Donors and Private Foundations (MD&PF)
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Prepare a Donor Relations plan to meet Major Donors FR targets.
- Propose the Donor Relations plan that includes the Cultivation & Engagement plans.
- Analyze wealthy people lists and other internal and external sources of information, specialized magazines and articles to find out relevant data and trends that identify potential Major Donors.
- Segment different major donors’ categories (sportsmen, business people, rich families, communities, philanthropists) considering their potential contributions capacity and their interest in Children issues and UNICEF.
- Analyze, together with the Corporate Foundations and Corporate FR Officers, which local projects could be finance by whom.
- Work with the RO and PFP Geneva to get Regional and International proposals.
- Get deep knowledge of proposals.
Prepare a Major Donors’ cultivation plan
- Propose a list of prospects.
- Search and analyse prospect needs.
- Prepare winning proposals.
- Generates opportunities to meet the prospects (meetings, events, field trips).
- Look after Major Donors gatekeepers that facilitate and help when contacting for donations.
Prepare a Major Donors’ engagement plan
- Maintain regular contacts and meetings with Current Major Donors.
- According to Major Donor’s needs, prepare ad-hoc information, field trip visits, special invitations to Events (like the Gala Dinner), peers meetings, meetings with celebrities, etc.
- Look after internal and external engagement opportunities.
Implement Donor Relations plan to achieve established goals and KPIs.
- Implement the Donor Relations plan according with established priorities and objectives.
- Analyze Donor Relations plan vis-a-vis the advancement of negotiations and proposals; and propose the necessary corrective measures.
- Update the Donor profile files by analyzing donors, donations, special interests, thematic alignments, reasons, and proposals that match Donor’s needs and UNICEF priorities.
- Participate in key negotiations.
- Implement an adequate donor engagement schema with existing partners that include a Donor’s reporting system (who reports what, how and when) that meets donor’s expectations.
- Supervise, with the Communications Specialist, the press coverage, use of logo and UNICEF image link with Major Donors activities.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the supervisor -and ad-hoc meetings the internal and external counterparts- with focus on: deadlines, drawbacks and progresses.
Propose innovative ways to engage new Major Donors and retain current ones.
- Implement periodic analysis of trends, profiles, and major donors’ behaviour. Propose innovations and improvements.
- Search for new ways of prospecting and engagement inside and outside UNICEF.
- Be an active part of Major Donor’s knowledge sharing groups locally and internationally. Participate in specific meetings and workshops.
Ensure that administrative tasks and responsibilities are effectively carried out and delivered.
- Participate in CO administrative mechanisms. When necessary, search and select reliable and cost effective suppliers.
- Do the preparation and follow up of Major Donors’ screenings and proposals, cooperation agreements and letters of understanding.
- Monitor and track all requests from Major Donors or from UNICEF PFP, and elaborates new corporate foundations fundraising proposals. Inform all stake-holders on regular base about the status and next steps of their requests.
- Follows up on the financial and administrative aspects of the different Major Donors agreements. Establishes/maintains a technical up-to-date documentation on agreement results. Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports and documents.
- Follow up of the donation receipts process. Control the correct procedure’s implementation.
- Use VISION/ebanking systems to different administrative and financial processes.
Promote cross-functional coordination and collaboration,
- MD&PF Communications with Comms Specialist and Mkt Services Officer
- MD&PF proposals with key UNICEF contact colleagues worldwide
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with partners.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Diversity and Inclusion
Drive for Results (L2)
Working with People (L2)
Entrepreneurial Thinking (L1)
Relating & Networking (L2)
Formulating Strategies and Concepts (L1)
Persuading and Influencing (L2)
Experience: One year of professional experience on Major Donor fundraising
Language Requirements: Fluent in Spanish and English.
Education: University Degree in Business administration, Law, Public Relations
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Advertised: Nov 15 2017 Argentina Standard Time
Application close: Nov 30 2017 Argentina Standard Time