Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Manager, Recurring Gifts
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Full time, permanent
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
The Donor Journeys Marketing Specialist is a critical role on the donor marketing team as we look to make significant improvements to our donor journeys over the next 3 years. The specialist is responsible for:
- Supporting the growth of the recurring gifts, one-time gifts and donor experience portfolios by assisting in the end to end execution of critical projects that strengthen key donor journeys
- Implementing strategies to maximize revenue and retention, cost effectively. The specialist will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a consistent experience throughout the donor life cycle is achieved
What does success look like?
Using a result-based approach, driving improvements in Donor Marketing key performance indicators including donor engagement, revenue and retention, the successful candidate would:
- Manage key donor journey projects which will include solicitations, stewardship and impact pieces for Child Sponsorship, Because I am a Girl sponsorship, Gifts of Hope and Plan for Children Fund across multiple channels, ensuring they contribute to an unforgettable donor experience in a timely manner
- Leverage segmentation insights to create new donor journey touch points and communications, ensuring they are effective and completed on time in an organized manner
- Monitor effectiveness of donor journeys and communication, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations for enhancements
- Collaborate with and manage internal stakeholders and external agency relationships to ensure a phenomenal donor experience
- Monitor industry trends and conduct competitive research, identifying opportunities to incorporate best practices and tried and true approaches to donor journey development
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in direct to consumer marketing, reporting and managing business processes
- Expert multi-tasker with outstanding project management skills and a proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to manage, partner and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders (vendors and agencies) and work effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver organizational goals
- A self-starter who is excited about taking on new projects and seeing them through as well as supporting the development of new strategies
- Experience with direct mail, telemarketing, email and/or digital campaigns considered an asset
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in French is an asset