- Improved Economic Resilience: the project will provide skills development, comprehensive employment support, including cash for work and long term economic opportunities to vulnerable communities;
- Building Social Cohesion: the project will work with community leaders and civil society to rebuild social cohesion in Cox’s Bazar, and to promote peaceful coexistence.
- Support the Project Manager in day to day management of the project;
- Prepare and update work plans (annual and quarterly);
- Ensure timely implementation of workplans, and keep the Project Manager informed about the progress and potential bottlenecks; Maintain a log of main issues, risks and quality concerns that may require the decision from Head of Sub-Office;
- Monitor expenditures, commitments and balance of funds under the project budget lines approved by the donor. Ensure timely delivery of financial targets and contribute to financial reporting;
- Keep all project records, correspondence and other important documents;
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor progress of activities;
- Prepare mapping of potential implementing partners;
- Develop Terms of Reference for technical experts and implementing partners;
- Working closely with the Operations unit ensure timely contracting process;
- Manage performance and delivery of NGO partners and service providers including review of deliverables, quality assurance and contract management;
- Improve quality of partner NGO’s deliverables (both programme and finance) through monitoring and proper guidance if required;
- Prepare and submit to the Project Manager monthly, quarterly and annual reports in the agreed formats;
- Ensure collection of relevant data necessary to monitor progress against indicators specified in the M&E framework; Work closely with the M&E officer to ensure accurate reporting;
- Contribute to donor reporting, organize and support visits of donor representatives if required;
- Organize/conduct/ participate different trainings, meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, etc. to be held at district, upazilla and unions level to meet the objectives of the project; Support proper handling of logistics related to project workshops and events;
- Arrange various meetings, take meetings notes and ensure follow up to action points;
- Ensure adequate information flow, regular contact and feedback among the various stakeholders of the project;
- Ensure that the methods and approaches taken by the project are particularly sensitive to women and marginalized groups;
- Ensuring compliance of rules and procedures of UNDP in project implementation;
- Work closely with the Communication Officer to contribute to development of various communication products (i.e. reports, newsletters, films, fact sheets, brochures, manuals, etc.); and
- Any other tasks as requested by the Project Manager or Programme Coordinator.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ensures that programmes and projects are consistent with UN/UNDP values;
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility;
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
- Encourages dialogue and acts in accordance with team inputs;
- Anticipates and resolves conflict;
- Embraces differing opinions seeing them as opportunities for improvement;
- Gives credit to others;
- Determines appropriate resources, methods, partners, in- formation and solutions;
- Generates individual commitment, excitement and excellence;
- Creates opportunities for team to learn and take on new responsibilities;
- Actively shares experience and knowledge.
- Adapts idea to context;
- Anticipates obstacles and applies practical solutions;
- Collaborates to improve methods and delivery;
- Generates individual commitment, excitement and excellence;
- Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them;
- Provides authoritative advice to decision makers;
- Critically assess established methods;
- People Management;
- Raises standards, motivates excellence;
- Coaches team members to appropriately share knowledge across teams;
- Expands team engagement;
- Provides practical development support;
- Enables individual growth and responsibility;
- Holds staff accountable.
- Guides substantive specialists;
- Persuades others to embrace new ideas, even when controversial;
- Empathizes with client perspectives and needs;
- Prepares and presents authoritative advice;
- Represents team in formal settings.
- Critically assesses value and relevance of existing thinking and policy;
- Embraces difficult obstacles that interfere with getting work done;
- Anticipates constraints and identifies solutions;
- Strives to improve team reputation with clients;
- Expands capacity of team to deliver on time and on target;
- Accountable for project implementation and/or team deliverables;
- Makes suggestions for improvement and takes ad hoc actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Economics or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in filed implementation of projects;
- Experience in working with UN and Government be considered as an asset;
- Experience in managing implementing partners and contractors;
- Proven record of successful financial and budget management;
- Experience working with income generation initiatives and /or Cash for Work schemes will be a strong asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Self-managed and self-starter, takes initiatives.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Bangla;
- Knowledge of the local Chittagonian would be an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year, with possibility of extension