Job Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: London, UK
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Grade: £27,186 - £28,505 (B1 - B3)
Internews works to ensure access to trusted, quality news and information that empowers people to have a voice in their future and to live healthy, secure, and rewarding lives. We envision a world where everyone can communicate freely with anyone, anywhere, and exchange the news and information they need to shape their communities and the world.
For 35 years and in more than 100 countries, we have worked with our local partners to build hundreds of sustainable organizations, strengthened the capacity of thousands of media professionals, human rights activists, and information entrepreneurs, and reached millions of people with quality, local information, improving lives and building lasting change. On issues ranging from health and the environment to conflict and governance, Internews has developed approaches that harness the power of media and information to create positive change.
Internews is a charity operating internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, and London, as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
The Development Associate will provide business critical operational, logistical and editorial support to the rest of the development team whilst also managing regularly assigned personal projects.
· Conducts research as required for new mechanisms, priorities, initiatives and/or background information on public sector donors.
· Works with Global Development, Program and Technical teams to identify specific new opportunities with public sector donors through monitoring websites on-line, as well as through subscription services.
· Evaluates whether opportunities found fit within Internews’ mission and vision, and then summarizes and distributes likely opportunities from donors.
· Focusing on prioritized opportunities, develops and maintains an internal business development tracker of solicitations, as well as due dates for upcoming proposals and concept
· Takes the lead in generating content/text for requests for information for competitive bids, working with other team members and the Director of Development to finalize.
· Assists with proposals and concept notes to public sector donors, including conducting basic desk research, document formatting, and development of situation analysis, capacity statements, past performance references, and formatting of CVs/resumes/short bio-graphics.
· Develops timelines for concept note and proposal submissions and reviews donor guidelines to ensure full compliance with all donor requirements.
· Develops outlines/writing guides for technical and program staff and other BD managers as required.
· Coordinates kick-off and/or design meetings for proposals as required.
· Working closely with program and technical staff members and his/her supervisor, writes, reviews, and edits smaller concept notes, proposals and pitches for submission to European public sector donors in line with Internews’ annual development strategy.
· Working with the Director of Business Development, prepares presentation materials – including Powerpoint presentations and briefing papers for donor or partner pitches, or internal audiences, as required.
· Collaborates closely with the Communications department and with the Director of Development, maximises Internews’ relationships with key donors, as well as Internews’ overall image externally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each necessary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
To Apply: Please submit a CV along with a cover letter
Expected office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm. As an International NGO, the need to accommodate the needs of colleagues working in different time zones is required and to this end, Internews Europe adopts flexible working policies and staff can be expected to work outside of normal working hours as the need arises.This position is being offered and hired by Internews Europe. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Europe's offerings. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 January 2019
Interviews: W/C Monday 28 January 2019
Please visit the following link to apply for the vacancy:
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now