Save the Children is conducting clinical research and evaluation. The Research Coordinator will join the Technology Accelerator unit and provide administrative support for research activities across multiple projects and the team. Occasional travel to the international research sites may be required.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
This position is intended to support clinical research for the Save the Children Technology Accelerator unit and the coordinator will handle or assist with administrative and research activities generally associated with the conduct of clinical trials. Under supervision of the Technology Accelerator unit Senior Advisor and Research Managers, the Research Coordinator will perform the following activities:
• Assist with maintaining data pertaining to research projects, review medical records and study data collection materials and perform data entry. (20%)
• Assist with meeting preparations as needed. This includes, but is not limited to coordinating and finalizing meeting agendas, disseminating and compiling information, note-taking, tracking and following up on action items. (10%)
• Assist with preparing study-related documentation such as site standard operating procedures, study manuals, ethics review committee documents, and progress reports. (20%)
• Assist with quality assurance and tracking ethics review and regulatory submissions and communications including progress reports, non-compliance reporting, and protocol deviations. (20%)
• Assist with maintenance and appropriate filing of essential research/trial documents. (5%)
• Assist with writing, copy-editing and proofreading of study documents. (20%)
• As needed, provide administrative support to the team’s Senior Advisor and Research Managers. (5%)
• Minimum high school degree required and 2-3 years of administrative and/or research experience in a large complex organization, supporting senior leaders.
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and highly flexible individual who is able to work independently and as a team with strong interpersonal skills, and who can manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to synthesize information.
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn new systems. Computer literacy in word processing, publication, graphics, and spreadsheet software packages.
• Experience in development and management of spreadsheets and databases.
• Global perspective and mindset; ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies.
• Able and willing to travel internationally up to 30%.
• BA/BS or equivalent strongly preferred
• Experience in a clinical setting is preferred.
• Having worked internationally in an African or Asian setting a plus.
• Secondary language (French) also a plus.
What’s In It for You
· Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
· Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
· Vision Insurance
· Life insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Vacation and Sick leave
· Paid holidays
What makes us special!
· Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
· Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
· Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
· Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
· Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
· Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
· Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
· Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
· Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
· Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
· Language learning opportunities
· Continuous Improvement skill development programs
· Brown Bag information sharing sessions
· Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.