In 2007, the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania formally volunteered to become one of eight countries to pilot Delivering as One (DaO) as part of the implementation of UN Reform at a country level. This provided an opportunity for the UN in Tanzania to innovate new approaches and experiment with ways of planning, implementing and reporting as One for enhanced coherence, effectiveness and efficiency across: One Programme, One Leader, One Common Budget and One Office (harmonization of business practices) and One Voice.
In July 2016, the UN Country Team (UNCT), under the leadership of the UN Resident Coordinator and in partnership with the Government of Tanzania, launched the second United Nations Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP II) for 2016-2021. As the common strategic framework, UNDAP II demonstrates the collective response and contribution of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) to the national vision and development priorities, (FYDP II 2016-2021 and MKUZA III 2016-2021), the global framework of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the African Union Agenda 2063. UNDAP II also takes forward the mandate to enhance the coherence, efficiency and effectiveness of the UN.
The National UN Volunteer Coordination Analyst will support the UN Coordination Specialist in enhancing UN Coordination, Planning, Monitoring and Reporting within the Delivering as One context. The UNV will be situated in the UN Resident Coordinators Office (RCO), under the overall guidance of the RC and directly supervised by the UN Coordination Specialist. Please refer to the RCO Organogram below.
Under the direct supervision of UN Coordination Specialist, the National UN Volunteer Coordination Analysts will be supporting the Results-based Planning, Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation of UNDAP II, more specifically:
- Contribute to the effective implementation and monitoring of UNDAP II, including: supporting the administration of the web-based Result Monitoring and Implementation Support System; drafting of guidelines and provision of support to agencies; tracking compliance with planning and review requirements;
- Support application of Results-Based Management and the effective implementation of UNDAP II mechanisms for planning, monitoring and reporting, including: development of Joint Work Plans (JWP), management of results matrix and bi-annual reporting;
- Support coordination of the UNDAP II Mid-Term Review, including: collection of required documents and related follow-up with agencies; supporting consultant team with organizing partner meetings; contributing to development of action plan based on recommendations of the Review;
- Collate inputs for the preparation of the UNCT Annual Report and contribute to quality assurance in close collaboration with the M&E Task Team;
- Participate in the reporting and tracking results of Resident Coordinator’s Office’s Coordination Framework;
- Assist with identifying areas of improvement in substantive results reporting and work with UNCG in identifying suitable means to promote results;
- Support and guide the management groups of non-programmatic Outcomes of UNDAP II (namely, Operating as One and Communicating as One) with effective planning, monitoring, and reporting of results;
- Provide coordination support to UNDAP II management structures, including preparation of analytical documents for the UN Country Management Team, Programme Management Team and Operations Management Team meetings; drafting minutes and reports; and follow up on implementation of agreed actions with specific focus on RCO-managed outputs and activities.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
- Working in Teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies, International Relations, Political/Social Sciences or any other related field. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- 4 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Monitoring and evaluation Mandatory
- Development programme/project administration Mandatory
- Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination Optional
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of Results Based Management and Monitoring systems as well as results-based reporting
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from quaified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
Contract Duration: 12 Months