WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
JOB TITLE: Senior Communications and Change Management Officer, Business Innovations Group
JOB GRADE: Equivalent to P-4/P-5
REPORTING TO: Project Team Lead (D-2) Business Innovations Group
CONTRACT LENGHT: 12 Months Minimum
LOCATION: Rome, Geneva or Budapest
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Business Innovations Strategic Results Group has been tasked with achieving targets set by the Secretary-General in areas related to back offices and other operational support as follows:
- Establish common back offices for all UNCTs by 2022, possibly through a consolidation of location-dependent services, and consolidation of location-independent business operations into operations into six to seven networks of shared service centres that would be managed by the larger entities in the system to take advantage of their scale and geographical coverage and would offer services to other entities in the system.
- All UN Country Teams (UNCTs) to utilise an improved Business Operations Strategy (BOS) by 2021.
- Increase the proportion of UN common premises to 50% by 2021.
- All UN agencies to meet the principle of mutual recognition – where agencies recognise each other’s policies and processes to enable common services.
- Facilitate culture change by measuring “Client Satisfaction” for all business operation services;
- All entities should conduct a high-level review of the business operations services that they could offer to — or purchase from — other entities in the system.
Each of these areas of work have significant communication and change management components which require planning, guidance and material.
The Senior Communications and Change Management Officer will be responsible to:
- Establish and maintain a network of internal communication focal points in BIG member organizations to ensure relevant information is shared and disseminated by the organizations as appropriate;
- Lead inter-agency efforts to create, disseminate, monitor and improve messaging, communication material and a change management plan for all aspects of work related to the Business Innovations Group;
- Create a Communication and Change Management Plan for the Business Innovations Group and the Project Team to highlight and educate stakeholders on the BIG’s workplan and progress;
- Provide guidance and change management messaging, including outreach strategies to engage staff at all levels on the BIG and its implications moving forward;
- Maintain updated change management messaging, liaising with key stakeholders of the BIG;
- Act as focal point for communication purposes with key stakeholders fostering two-way communication;
- Create and disseminate BIG communication products such as success stories from the field, Broadcast Messages, newsletters, blog posts, FAQs, PowerPoint presentations, and webinars, etc;
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Eight to ten years of experience in the UN development / humanitarian sector and / or in a related organization.
- More than five years of experience at Officer level working in a team responsible for strategic communication or change management.
- Field experience with a humanitarian or development organization strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience implementing change management initiatives.
- At least a bachelor’s and preferably a Master’s degree in a field related to communications.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a sensitive and challenging environment.
- General understanding of UN reforms.
- Excellent English drafting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as strong people skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
- Collaborative spirit and team player.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 18 March 2019
Ref.: VA No. 103998
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.