CONSULTANCY - TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
Consultant - Front-End Developer, HQ Gaza (Local)
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
· Overseeing and executing user UI/UX designs;
· Creating the look, layout, and features of a website, and helping with maintenance and additions to the website;
· Analysing and offering functional solutions for UI/UX key issues;
· Developing workflows and interaction flows;
· Executing UI and UX strategies based on UNRWA target goals;
· Creating and maintaining digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using design and prototyping tools: e.g., Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe XD, Sketch and InVision etc;
· Helping in rebuilding modules in UNRWA systems in which issues/problems are found;
· Understanding the limitations of UNRWA tech stack and business model and providing technical advice wherever necessary;
· Building and documenting standards, framework, and guidelines of best UX/UI practices for current and future web applications;
· Helping in building reusable .Net Framework UI Library;
· Helping in conducting comprehensive sessions to staff on all the above, elaborating on how to use the framework (principles, standards, guidelines, and UI Library), and how to avoid implementing nonstandard UI/UX principles in UNRWA applications.
minimum Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science, web design/development, graphics design, or other related discipline;
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in front-end development and UI/UX design;
· Experience in front-end programming skills;
· Experience or knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools and expert knowledge of HTML5 Imagination;
· Experience in Photoshop and InDesign;
· Good command of spoken and written English.
· Good communications skills;
· Training skills and ability to make clear presentations;
· Team spirit and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
· Patience, attention to details with strong analytical and learning skills.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· The duration of the consultancy is 6 months with the expected start date of October 2019;
· Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate;
· The incumbent will be based in Gaza.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Front-End Developer**”** in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 25 Sep 2019.**
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.