View Req 4358BR : Construction Quality Assurance Manager, Negros Occidental
With the overall supervision of the Senior Project Manager for Negros Occidental - Impact 2024 project, this position ensures effective implementation of all quality construction and site development activities of the Negros Occidental - Impact 2024 project and ensures that all construction activities in all sites comply with construction plans and designs, standards and budget. ***This position is based in Silay City,**Philippines***
This is a project based position. Applicants should have the right to work in the Philippines where the position is to be based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Support HFH Philippine programs with quality assurance initiatives and best practices during program and project design, implementation and completion.
o Work in close coordination with site engineers, ensuring that construction project complies with approved plans/designs, specifications and the construction manual and practices of HFHP, Department of Public Works and Highways and the National Building Code
o Identify, monitor and report on the status of key decisions and issues which may influence the progress of projects to the Senior Project Manager
o Identify and assess areas for further value engineering action, before and during construction, as warranted
o Coordinate, identify and monitor the progress of the construction activities and holds regular meetings with Site Engineers as needed or in behalf of the Senior Project Manager.
o Ensure project and all site maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guideline, quality and safety standards
o Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims
o Verify and ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedules
o Prepare regular update reports, at least twice a month, for the review of the Senior Project Manager of the project
o Conduct meetings with the partners and contractors as may be necessary, together with Project Managers/Engineers
o Ensure that safety programs are strictly observed during all phases of construction
o Ensure coordination with project partners, LGUs and other stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation
o Supervise scheduling and training of construction volunteers making sure that quality and safety are key points in the training program
o Schedule joint inspections of the project with the project stakeholders and implementing partners/contractors and conducts on-site assessments on the status of the projects – holds implementing partners accountable to the signed notice to proceed and
Skills, Competencies, and Experience;
• Knowledge of construction technologies and industry and/or in the low income housing context
• Demonstrated experience in project design and management.
• Demonstrated experience in providing training.
• Consultancy and advisory skills.
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and Computer Aided Design softwares. AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Sketchup, etc.
• Knowledge and skills reading blue prints, master plan, sketches, architectural and engineering drawings
• Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication.
• Cross-cultural communication skills. Ability to work with other cultures and nationalities.
• Ability to work independently; and interdependently within a team, and with other HFH entities or partners.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Understanding of community-based and led processes
• Knowledge of cost effective construction design for low-income clients – rural, urban, detached houses and multi-unit apartment blocks, with strong background in social/affordable housing designs/renovations.
• Knowledge and experience of green build and energy efficient design and technologies in residential sector.
• Knowledge and experience of building damage assessment.
• Knowledge and experince in construction safety methods and regulations.
• Knowledge and experience in project design and Construction Project Management
• Experience working in community development and disaster response, risk reduction.
• Experience working in a non-profit organization
***Education and Experience:*
Minimum Education Required:**
•Bachelor’s Degree. Construction, Civil Engineering, Architecture and Building Science
• Master's Degree in related area preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
•At least five years of experience in shelter related sector.
•At least five years of experience in project management
• Work experience in low cost housing technology highly preferred.
• Training and / or experience in Disaster Management and WASH preferred.