To manage the CRM database ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as provide detailed summaries of complaints issues and feedback to State Team Leader.
Programme Support (typically will be at field level):
* Aggregate all CRM data on the response into a central data base
* Provide detailed summaries of complaints issues for operational meetings and forums.
* Identify complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the response can improve.
* Provide ad hoc reports as requested concerning complaints and other Beneficiary feedback.
* Receive, investigate and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of team lead.
* Negotiate suitable resolutions to complaints with beneficiary under the direction of the team lead.
* Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
* Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
* With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the response, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
* With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
* Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
* To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Code of Conduct.
* Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the manager
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
* Ensure that Save the Children's work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the settlments and host communities or target project sites.
* Contribute to communications and media work as required through correction of data and information and sharing with the project heads
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
* Ensures that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes and commitments
* Integrates beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
* Participates in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation
Achieving results effectively:
* Ensures efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
* Establishes staff engagement mechanisms.
* Addresses difficult situations and makes tough decisions confidently and calmly
* Considers the wider impact of decisions to be made in the short and long-term.
* Continuously provides feedback and updates to achieve improved results
* Coordinates with stakeholders to avoid duplication and maximise resources
* Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
* Actively listens to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
* Actively participates in networks to access and contribute to good practice
* Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders
* Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
Operating safely and securely:
* Identifies and communicates risk and threats and minimises these for oneself and the agency
* Takes measures to do no harm and to minimise risks for partners and the communities
* Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
* Demonstrates an understanding of wider UN/NGO security coordination and how the organisation can benefit from, and contribute to, those mechanisms
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
* Helps team members to practise stress management through prioritisation of workloads and modelling of appropriate self care
* Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations
* Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
* Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conduct
* Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
* Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
* Builds own awareness of the bigger global picture by using a broad range of sources to gather data
* Demonstrates managerial courage by confronting difficult situations and seeking resolution, and stating willingness to champion ideas
* Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
* Demonstrates self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses
* Makes positive statements about work
* Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
* Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to another for the purpose of his/her development
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline (Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other)
* Candidates must have at least a year progressive experience working in a related position.
* Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management is an asset
* Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
* Excellent interviewing skills
* Experience managing a CRM process
* Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
* Excellent skills in oral and written communications
* Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills are an advantage
* Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
* Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
* Excellent IT skills
* Good writing, editing and presentation skills
* Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
* Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forum
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
* Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now