Creative Associates seeks a Community Engagement Manager for a potential community policing project in a conflict environment funded by the Department of State (DOS). The Community Engagement Manager will support program efforts to establish a skilled, capacitated community police force, which will result in better security, reduced friction between residents and security forces, and therefore less space for malign actors in a post-conflict setting. This will require close work with communities to develop their capacity to participate in security related issues. As the leader of a Community Engagement Team, s/he will oversee the day-to-day process of stakeholder engagement and project prioritization, planning, approval, delivery, and reporting.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Community Engagement Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Lead Community Engagement team to establish and maintain effective relationships with community-based security and justice stakeholders;
- Analyze program research findings to inform program and activity design;
- Support program planning and development of activities, workplans and budgets;
- Develop project ideas, liaise with project colleagues and program partners about local circumstances and context;
- Design, budget and remotely manage activities that contribute to the development of community police;
- Help identify appropriate STTA support for community engagement efforts;
- Report regularly on the capacity and capability of local community engagement and service provision;
- Support the development of activity sheets that relate to program activities;
- Maintain oversight and report regularly on the professional progress of local partners who support community engagement;
- Contribute to the project’s weekly, quarterly, and final reports submitted to donors as required;
- Respond to requests from the client agency and supervisors as needed; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in community development work, international project management;
- Experience implementing development activities in a complex and challenging operational setting, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Experience liaising with international officials and donor organizations;
- Strong analytical, organizational and communications capacity;
- Demonstrated experience in training on advocacy, community organizing, media and/or communications activities;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
- Working proficiency in Arabic; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
Position contingent upon donor funding.