MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus (USAID/Ukraine) is anticipating a five-year contract to assist in its monitoring and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). This contract is contingent upon award and is expected to begin in August 2019.
**** Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible to apply for this position ****
MSI is seeking a Communications Specialist, with demonstrated experience in working with diverse stakeholders, including USAID, local organizations, international NGOs and contractors, and host-country government officials. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive, context specific communications strategies.
- Lead the communication strategy of the USAID Monitoring and Learning Initiative.
- Formulate mission wide messages and implement development, outreach and communications efforts to increase awareness of USAID assistance programs in Ukraine.
- Responsible for crafting press releases, contacting media, working with vendors, providing videography and photography services, addressing outreach on social media platforms, increasing or improving outreach, editing public documents, disseminating information and the USAID story.
- Responsible for putting together events and activities, for public consumption and/or learning, such as retreats or surveys.
- Research and write success stories about USAID activities.
- Manage any communications-related to this specific contract and the programs which are to be monitored.
- Edit reports and deliverables developed for the client.
- Bachelors or advanced degree (preferred) in international development, foreign affairs, communications, marketing or journalism, or a related field.
- At least four (4) years working in communications, journalism, or public relations.
- At least two (2) years working in international development required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and/or external parties including donors and implementing partners desire
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office for reports, document preparation, and presentations required.
- Prior experience working as a communications specialist on USAID programs is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation and learning is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com