COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (ANTICIPATED HIRING)
2-Year Marawi Response Project
Save the Children is seeking to complete a Marawi Response Project Team at all levels: Leader, Officer/ Coordinator and Assistant positions for an anticipated 2-year grant-funded project in Marawi, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao.
The project will advance durable solutions for those displaced by the Marawi crisis in these main areas:
* Supporting local economic recovery and development; and,
* Strengthening social cohesion.
This will involve collaboration with national, regional and local government offices including the Task Force Bangon Marawi and member agencies such as the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of labor and Employment, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Trade and Industry, Mindanao Development Authority, Office of the Civil Defense, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Regional Government of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur, city government of Marawi and other local government units, etc. and other critical partners
* To deliver high quality communication and media products that best represent Save the Children and to provide good quality information and collateral that will enable best-in-class awareness, exposure and means for advocacy through communications and media
* Gather all of communications information, prepare communications outputs (e.g. films, photographs, case studies, blogs and field situation reports) in support of the project’s objectives and national advocacy efforts; and for documentation and reporting to donors, partners and stakeholders.
* Support the designated spokesperson; may host media and donor trips, and support the production of high quality reports to document the progress of Save the Children’s work.
* May work with Communications team in the National office to work on themes and ideas to illustrate Save the Children’s work; to pitch stories and creative ideas;
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree Communication Journalism/ Broadcasting/ related course; advanced courses preferred
* 5 years’ work experience in a communications / journalism; experience in working with media an advantage; keen eye for good stories
* Excellent writing skills and interpersonal communication and relationship building skills, in English and local dialect; and in relating with target publics, and children in order
* Ability to take quality video and photographs
* High initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude
* Ability to hit deadlines and deal with a number of stakeholders with varying priorities
* Extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult or insecure working circumstances
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Willingness to engage in travels
Contract Length: Fixed-Term Position for two (2) years based in Marawi Lanao del Sur, Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
To expedite receipt and processing of the various applications please email as follows:
* Email to:
* Use Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – POSITION TITLE – Last name, First name)
Sample Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – EDUCATION COORDINATOR – dela Cruz, Anna
Note, in the event of being short-listed, the applicant candidate shall be required to submit a donor-specific bio-data form that will require specific data of among others:
* Current residential address, telephone number, email address
* Date of birth, citizenship
* Education – indicating university, degrees obtained and dates; specialist education
* Membership in professional associations
* Other trainings
* Countries of work; languages spoken (including local dialects)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now