Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program, Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position.
The communications manager (CM) will support SACCI activities to build the communications and outreach capacity of Ukrainian counterpart institutions on the national, regional and local levels to develop and implement effective anticorruption communication strategies. The CM will be responsible for the media promotion of SACCI activities and will work with partners/vendors to ensure the compliance of media materials with USAID regulations. The CM will contribute to the SACCI program activities planning, design and reporting. The CM will report to the communications team lead (CTL) on all technical matters, and to the chief of party (COP) and the deputy chief of party (DCOP) on administrative matters.
- Contribute to the SACCI effort developing and implementing anticorruption communications strategy and plan.
- Lead the development and manage the content of the SACCI website and social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) to increase outreach to stakeholders and access to program resources.
- Contribute to the SACCI activities in building capacity and skills of SACCI counterparts and beneficiaries in the government, civil society and the mass media to develop and implement effective public communication activities.
- Support CTL in managing SACCI partner organizations, grantees, service providers and consultants in implementing activities towards reaching SACCI project objectives and targets.
- Identify key accomplishments, learning opportunities, and findings of SACCI activities and deliverables to highlight through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information.
- Participate in writing, production, or editing of project materials including reports, fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and success stories related to project activities and accomplishments.
- Facilitate the production of or take lead in developing customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to project activities and anti-corruption reform.
- Organize and support workshops, trainings, and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on achieved results and reached targets.
- Demonstrate diplomacy to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Collaborate with the SACCI team on achieving results and reaching targets.
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
- Higher education in communications or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns.
- Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including anti-corruption to different audiences.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, YouTube etc.).
- Experience working with and developing communication materials using computer graphic applications such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Piktochart, Prezi, etc.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required .
*Application submission deadline is Friday, July 27, 2018, by 6:00 PM Kyiv time.
Late applications will not be accepted.*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.