Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Project Name: Lebanon Higher Education Capacity Development (HECD)
Anticipated Start Date: Aug 31, 2019
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Higher Education Capacity Development (HECD) program is a five-year activity (2019-2024) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Education Development Center (EDC) in partnership with Florida State University (FSU). EDC will partner and collaborate with higher education institutions (HEIs) to develop strategies that improve the quality of academic programs and help HEIs graduate students who not only graduate with skills that are relevant and in demand in today’s labor market, but also have the ability to adapt and renew themselves as demand changes.
The Communications and Outreach Officer will assist project leadership to establish and guide internal and external communication protocols, application of marking and branding rules and regulations (as stipulated by EDC and USAID), and develop reporting and communication products to document and promote project activities.
The Communications Coordinator will be supervised by the Chief of Party, while also interacting regularly with senior program staff, and a range of implementing partners.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
· Orient EDC staff and implementing partners on the communications and branding strategies and ensure their compliance;
· Work closely with the Chief or Party to develop Quarterly Progress Reports and Annual Reports for submission to USAID;
· Create and manage EDC Lebanon Facebook account, and actively manage any EDC Lebanon social media accounts;
· Take initiative to suggest strategic communication opportunities and ideas to the COP related to developing print, visual, audio, and video materials including but not limited to: brochures, success stories, information sheets, infographics, banners, posters, short videos, press releases, project highlights, report summaries, and articles on the project;
· Travel to field sites to gather information for success stories and other promotional materials;
· Support COP and senior staff to organize VIP visitor events;
· Organize and maintain the project’s communications resources including a photo archive, consent forms etc. on the HECD project SharePoint;
· Liaise with EDC Home Office communications to be kept up-to-date on EDC communication strategy and opportunities;
· Send EDC Home Office approved communications materials and highlights to be included in EDC-wide and other list serve communications;
· Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Reporting and Organizational Relationships:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
The candidate for the position of Communications and Outreach Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, library sciences or other related field;
- Exemplary communication and writing skills;
- Computer graphics, layout, and editing skills;
- Proven experience developing high quality social sector communications products, preferably within the USAID context;
- A strong understanding of the social development sector, including education programs Lebanon;
- Experience training and coaching others;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse work teams
Fluency in English is required.