Nazdeek is a legal empowerment organization committed to bringing access to justice closer to marginalized communities in South Asia. Our model fuses grassroots legal education, community monitoring of service delivery, use of judicial and non-judicial remedies, and strategic research and advocacy to advance social and economic rights. Nazdeek is a small, women-led organization based in Delhi with a range of connections and partnerships within and outside of India.
We are seeking a Communications and Fundraising Officer to join our team in Delhi, India.
Nazdeek is at an exciting time in its growth, as we have expanded our work to other parts of South Asia. As we expand our programs, we are seeking an adaptable and dynamic individual to join our team in Delhi to drive communications and fundraising work. Please note that candidates must hold a valid work permit/visa for India. Nazdeek is unable to support candidates in obtaining work or volunteer visas.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy for Nazdeek
- Developing creative communication and multimedia content to strengthen advocacy and campaigns
- Drafting and preparing communication materials, including press releases, web content, newsletters, blogs, articles, etc.
- Managing and maintaining Nazdeek’s website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Developing relationships with media outlets, journalists, and other partners to promote and disseminate Nazdeek’s work
- Designing workshop modules for Nazdeek’s training programs
- Managing and writing content for Google AdWords
- Other communication responsibilities as they may arise
- Together with Nazdeek’s Director, developing a long-term fundraising strategy
- Researching funding opportunities for current and prospective programs
- Drafting funding proposals, including workplans, indicators, and narratives
- Taking the lead on all funder-related communication and deliverables, including drafting funder reports, photo stories, impact numbers, and emails, and meeting all funder deadlines
- Finalizing grant budgets and overseeing implementation
- Coordinating and leading Nazdeek’s annual year-end fundraising campaign
- Other fundraising responsibilities as they may arise
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4-5 years of experience in communications and fundraising
- Excellent English writing and editing skills are required
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently, and organize workload to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with photography and video is preferred
- Experience with basic graphic design is preferred
- Knowledge of Hindi or other South Asian languages is an asset
- Experience working in the human rights or development sectors, preferably with small NGOs
- Strong understanding of caste, class, and gender dynamics
- A commitment to human rights and social justice is essential
- Must hold a valid work permit/visa for India (this is non-negotiable)
Duration: 1 year contract, with 3 month probation period, and with possibility of extension
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Jangpura, New Delhi, India
Compensation and Benefits: This position offers a modest salary, competitive with local wages, but will provide unique opportunities, including travel, publication of writing, expansion of national and international networks, and cutting-edge experience in the growing field of legal empowerment.