The UNDP Young Professional Programme (YPP) is designed for highly qualified and motivated young Namibian professionals recently graduated from Masters programmes or in some cases, from bachelor’s Honors Degree programmes. The programme provides an opportunity to start a development career through "on the job' professional development that can be based on learning from UNDP’s programmes, policies and operations. Training and learning will be part of the day to day activities under the UNDP Young Professional Programme.
- Conduct media content analysis on issues related to UNDP’s thematic areas and produce daily media monitoring summaries.
- Support communications activities for International UN Days, key and special events
- Provide web management support including updating content on the UNDP Namibia website and social media platforms.
- Develop high quality content, including articles/ stories and press releases, in support of identified UNDP goals, strategies and programmes for external and internal audiences.
- Produce communication materials, publications and tools such as factsheets, Information packs, Project briefs.
- Take pictures and maintain database of video and picture content.
- Support development and implementation of communication strategies for UNDP in Namibia.
- Support communication of development results achieved with support of the UN.
- Support planning and implementation of internal communication activities.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the organization of communications and advocacy functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English
- Commitment to the values of the United Nations
- Ability to work well in teams
- Creativity and innovative approach to work
- Strong multicultural skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and word packages
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Honours Degree in Communications Studies or Media Studies.
Experience in writing for the web, planning, and project and events management. Experience in using the Adobe Creative Suite programmes such as Photoshop, InDesign or any other image-editing software a must. Video-editing software knowledge.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension