Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) is a non-governmental organization established in 2010. GS Kenya implements health-related projects across the country and has its headquarters in Nairobi. The organization seeks a Communication Intern to support to the GS Kenya country office in Nairobi and the technical team. This an opportunity for recent graduates to gain hand-on field experience and contribute to the project’s objectives.
1. Scope of Work
Work with the Technical Team to write/edit success stories. This involves conducting interviews and taking photos in the field as well as desk work to review and edit stories by staff, beneficiaries and partners.
Assist program officers to edit, format and proofread documents.
Assist in organizing events.
Participate in activities organized by Gold Star or partners and write articles for dissemination.
Maintain a gallery of images (photos/graphics) including on Flickr
Create and maintain Gold Star Kenya Facebook and Twitter accounts with guidance from Management
Working with technical team, update the Gold Star Kenya website
Other duties as may be assigned.
· Have completed a degree in a communications-related field or be in the final year.
· Have experience writing materials for website
· Demonstrated ability and interest to write articles on diverse issues
· Be computer literate, especially in Microsoft office applications.
· Understanding and ability to use common social media platforms
· Be ready to undertake routine communication support assignments
· Some experience in design and layout of publications an advantage
Duration: Three months