25-35 days over 6-8 months.
GAME is one of the fastest scaling NGOs in Scandinavia and was voted as one of the top 150 globally. We focus on Youth Empowerment and Social Change through street sports and culture with an inherent lens on child protection in all of our projects. Active in 9 countries, we work through local partnerships and will be expanding our current Somaliland Program to 8 locations across Somaliland through 2021 and potentially beyond. We require a Child Protection Consultant to help us grow with increased technical grounding in Child Protection and to capture our work within that frame.
SCOPE OF WORK
§ To contribute and finalize the Child Protection Position Paper.
§ To steward our organization’s positioning in Child Protection based on our global experience.
§ To develop a Child Protection Policy for the organization with special focus on the Somaliland Program.
§ Map opportunities for Child Protection partnerships.
§ Provide brief online training(s) to all Country Offices to develop a lens and framework capturing our successes in Child Protection programming. This will be based on the above strategy.
§ Align Child Protection approaches between Country Offices and HQ.
§ Training Senior field colleagues in Child Protection principles and delivery.
· Education and experience: Social work or related field and extensive experience in child protection in humanitarian, early recovery and/or development contexts, legal services for immigrant minors, probation or supervised release, or other relevant experience;
· Expertise in the methods and practices outlined in UNICEF’s Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and the Child Protection Working Group’s Child Protection in Emergencies Competency Framework;
· Ability to articulate and explain child protection and humanitarian core principles and practices to a non-expert audience and ensure their understanding of those subjects, as well as ensuring that the trainees are competent in implementing those principles and practices;
· Experience assessing NGO staff’s adherence to child protection standards and conducting child protection training, coaching, and mentoring using participatory and practical methodologies;
· Ability to assess the needs of participants during the training experience and modify application of themes as appropriate.
PROFILE PREFERENCES (though not required):
§ UNICEF experience (as employee or partnership);
§ Based in Denmark or EU;
§ Training and teaching experience will be helpful for this position;
§ Sports for Development awareness, experience and understanding.
TERMS and TRAVEL
This a deliverable-based consultancy contract. We cover the two trips to Somaliland and neighbourhood (per diem, accommodation, insurance, flights covered). This is intended to start in October. September.
Diversity is something we celebrate in GAME. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply.