World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization working to create a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Leadership Activity in Myanmar. The project seeks to provide leadership training centered around scholarships in the U.S. to improve technical skills (including but not limited to economic affairs), promote tolerance of diversity, and advance Burma’s self-reliance.
The COP will be responsible for providing technical leadership and administrative oversight of the implementation of all program components. S/he will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to the donor. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual and seasoned director, experienced in managing project implementation partnerships, and coordinating with government entities, partner organizations, and program stakeholders, and able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. If you are unable to access the position on our career’s page, you can submit your CV or resume/cover letter (in English) to: email@example.com. Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note explaining your qualifications for the position in the email body. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
• Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
• Serve as overall communications/liaison with the donor, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including government representatives of Myanmar;
• Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
• Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field required;
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded participant training, scholarship management, higher education, and/or economic growth programming; with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Chief of Party, Country Director, or Deputy for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope;
• Technical expertise in higher education, scholarship management, participant training, leadership development, and social inclusion;
• Previous resident work experience in Myanmar preferred;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in English; Burmese language skills are preferred but not required;
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now