World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Georgia New Education Program (NEP). The project will seek to: 1) Expand the innovative learning instruction methods in reading and math into the national curriculum in all 2,400 of Georgia’s primary schools for grades 1-6, including schools in marginalized communities; 2) Strengthen teacher development curricula and teacher induction activities in at least five universities across the country that will result in a highly-qualified cadre of teachers and; 3) Build financial literacy and entrepreneurial skills.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical leadership and provide administrative oversight of the implementation of all components under this program. S/he will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to the donor. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual and seasoned director who is experienced in managing project implementation partnerships, coordinating with government entities, partner organizations, and program stakeholders, and able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. If you are unable to access the position on our career’s page, you can submit your CV or resume/cover letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note explaining your qualifications for the position in the email body. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
• Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
• Serve as overall communications/liaison with the donor, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including government representatives of Georgia;
• Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
• Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field required, with a PhD strongly preferred;
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded basic education or systems strengthening programming; with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Chief of Party, Country Director, or Deputy for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope, preferably in the country of Georgia;
• Demonstrated technical expertise in primary education, formal and informal education, policies and systems strengthening, instructional quality and/or education achievement;
• Previous resident work experience in the country of Georgia or region strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in English required and Georgian preferred;
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now