MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus (USAID/Ukraine) is anticipating a five-year contract to assist in its monitoring and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). This contract is contingent upon award and is expected to begin in August 2019.
**** Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible to apply for this position ****
The Capacity Development Specialist will plan, prepare, deliver and oversee on-the-job training for staff from a range of institutions, including USAID, non-governmental organizations and development project implementers. An understanding of organizational development will be valuable. An emphasis will be placed on consultative development of learning activities and participatory approaches to all capacity building.
- Responsible for organizing capacity-building opportunities for Mission staff in the areas of collaborating, learning, adapting (CLA) and monitoring.
- Using tools such as the CLA maturity matrix, with additional measurements on practices and skills, the Capacity Development Specialist must create a baseline of skills the Mission has, based on analysis within the first six months of the contract.
- Plan capacity building. Measure skills, abilities and practices annually to track change.
- Hold regular discussions with senior project staff on training, capacity development needs, and formulate strategies to successfully address them.
- Bachelors or advanced degree (preferred) in international development, economics, community development, public or business administration, organizational development or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in capacity development of organizations, using structured and tested results-driven approaches.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with monitoring, evaluation and learning required.
- Demonstrated in curriculum development including teaching materials, developing creative and pragmatic approaches to capacity support and institutional strengthening of local government partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and/or external parties including USAID and implementing partners desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Ukrainian is required. English is an advantage.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com