CANADEM is seeking Spanish speaking, seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Gender Based Violence roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6 month deployments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work under hardship conditions in nonfamily duty stations.
- Advanced degree with specialization in areas such as social work, public health, gender, law/human rights, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines.
- At least 5 years working experience in Gender Based Violence programming in humanitarian settings preferably in the UN system or INGO (international experience are of added advantage).
- Proven experience in survivors-centred approach
- Direct experience providing support to GBV survivors an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required, other UN languages are an asset (e.g., French, Arabic, Portuguese)