The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders typically provide administrative support to team(s) and/or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision or immediately available assistance. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
4. Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
5. Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
6. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
7. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application through the online link below:
Position open to Sierra Leonean nationals only
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31st October 2017
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now