WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting
diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 17 February 2019 to 03 March 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration : one year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger
worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Support the Head of Unit in liaising with Field Security Officers (FSOs) and Local Security Assistants (LSAs) to collect, organize, and present information on WFP Syria’s level of compliance with security measures and procedures including: the implementation status of Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM), implementation status of Security Assessment Mission (SAM) and Audit recommendations.
· On delegation of the Head of Unit, act as the Focal Point for consolidating and sharing Aviation Risk
· Management Safety ratings and authorization for commercial airlines.
· Liaise with the Syria Security team to notify on the preparation of the weekly report and ensure that all security reports (Daily, Weekly, Quarterly and ad hoc) are uploaded to the security dash-board on a monthly basis.
· Support the Head of Unit in liaising with FSOs and LSAs to consolidate security incident reports and reflect incident data in an Incident Tracking System and Dashboard.
· Manage security mailing and distribution lists.
· Act as the focal point for Women Security Awareness Training (WSAT) including identifying and reporting on training requirements and, liaising with WSAT trainers to make necessary arrangements to conduct trainings.
· Liaise with WFP Syria Human Resources Unit to consolidate records of mandatory training for staff.
· Act as the Focal Point for Procurement, including the creation of Purchase Requisitions, Goods Receipt Notes, Service Entry Sheets on WINGS and manual PRs.
· In liaison with the Finance Unit, prepare and present to the Head of Unit budget allocation, utilization and expenditure analysis of the Security Unit.
· Assist in preparing travel and admin related materials for the Security Officers.
· Take dictation and/ or draft correspondence on a variety of subject matters, ensuring that spelling, punctuation, and format are correct; type correspondence, documents, and reports, some of this communication are highly confidential.
· In charge of the Leaves, Attendance, Stationary, Uniform & Logistics orders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Desirable: University degree in Business Administration or a field related to management/administration.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in administration or business
Desirable functional Skills:
Knowledge of WFP administrative rules and procedures
Knowledge and working experience of the United nations Security Management System
Familiarity with data sciences and analytics or Management Information Systems is a distinct advantage.
Expertise in the use of MS Excel
WFP is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of all staff members. Accordingly, it seeks to offer a safe and healthy working environment focusing on balancing the professional and personal demands of its personnel of all contract types and thus WFP offers flexible working options.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
Exact Position Title
Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now