WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 20 March 2019 till 03 April 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract: Service Contract (SC4)
Duration: Six months
Position required: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. J ob holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Business Support Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Receive, screen and log correspondence, reports, etc, and forward to the appropriate officer; maintain a log in system and follow up to ensure that replies are timely or that action is taken within the established deadline;
· Screen, assess and refer telephone calls and enquirers to appropriate staff; provide information on a variety of questions such as the division’s programme and activities as well as sensitive information;
· Coordinate and expedite office wide responses to sensitive telephone and written enquirers on behalf of the manager;
· Maintain the manager’s calendar and schedule appointments and meetings and make tentative appointments on his/her behalf; brief the manager on matters to be considered prior to scheduled meetings;
· Maintain and update the office’s filing and reference system including confidential files, performance evaluation reports, and disciplinary actions;
· Identify and extract information from various sources and prepare briefing notes and/or resume for inclusion in correspondence and reports; draft various standard correspondence and review all outgoing
· correspondences for composition and style as well as grammatical accuracy, factual correctness, and adequacy of treatment as well as adherence to WFP procedures;
· Provide procedural advice to staff on office methods and procedures, and on the use of various computer programmes and other office equipment to improve the quality and efficiency of their work;
· Maintain attendance and leave records of staff in the office;
· Perform other related duties as required
· In addition to the above listed duties and responsibilities, the staff Assistant at G5 level will be responsible for the following duties
· Coordinate the staff support services, distribute special assignments to other Assistants and clear correspondence for the supervisor’s signature.
· Draft moderately complex and ensure any related follow up; prepare various documentation and reports, including highly confidential letters, by ensuring accuracy in spelling and layout and adherence to WFP procedures;
· Organize or participate in organization and preparation of staff meetings or special meetings and prepare minutes/notes for record of these meetings
· Prepare informal transactions and act as interpreter for ad hoc meetings, as requested;
· Provide guidance and orientation to new support staff on office procedures, and where requested, provide on-the-job advice/training;
· Perform liaison duties with other units by supporting supervisor in consolidating documents and reports, following up on the deadlines for various correspondence and on a range of assignments to ensure timely response to all clients;
· Perform other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
WFP is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of all staff members. Accordingly, it seeks to offer a safe and healthy working environment focusing on balancing the professional and personal demands of its personnel of all contract types and thus WFP offers flexible working options.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
· Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
· Exact Position Title
· Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
· Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
· Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
· A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
· Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
· Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.