- Type of contract:
- Short-term contract until 31 May 2020, which may be extended to up to 36 months subject to individual performance and organisational needs
- Who can apply:
EU nationals who are members of staff of international public organisations (e.g. the IMF, EBRD or BIS) or public sector organisations within the European Union performing central banking tasks (including banking supervision). Your contract of employment with your current organisation must extend at least one year beyond the end of the proposed period of employment at the ECB.
- C band and benefits
- Working time:
- Place of work:
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Closing date for applications:
- Monday, 4 February 2019
The Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) is the operational framework for banking supervision in Europe. It comprises the ECB and the national competent authorities of the participating Member States.
You will be part of the Planning and Coordination of the Supervisory Examination Programme Division (PCS) in the Directorate General Microprudential Supervision IV. Our Division has around 30 staff members and we coordinate:
- the strategic planning of the SSM, including the definition of the key priorities and focus areas of supervisory work;
- the operational planning of the supervisory examination programme for significant institutions, together with the respective Joint Supervisory Teams;
- the planning and staffing of on-site missions, in cooperation with the national supervisory authorities;
- other activities in the field of international cooperation in relation to the above, such as the preparation of memoranda of understanding with non-SSM supervisory authorities.
As a Business Process Assistant you will:
- advise and support on-site inspectors under the cost-free secondment (CFS) regime and ESCB/IO contract staff for cross-border missions with regard to travel booking, organisation and processing in our IT system;
- act as point of contact for travel-related queries from on-site inspectors, and support and monitor their travel arrangements;
- be the contact, in relation to the above, for the external service provider responsible for providing travel agency services to the ECB.
The position offers excellent opportunities to work in a highly motivated and skilled team of experts working on cross-border projects. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- relevant vocational training or equivalent (for details on equivalences, see read more), or a university degree in business administration, tourism or another relevant field;
- proficient knowledge of office systems, such as MS-Office;
- an advanced-level command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- user knowledge of software systems that support budget and travel management;
- experience working in the public sector in an international or European environment;
- working knowledge of at least another EU language, ideally German.
You are recognised as someone who supports others proactively. You work constantly to improve your own output and you learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. Your strong capacity for analytical thinking enables you to work with incomplete information and you deliver in line with stakeholder needs.
Playing a role in European banking supervision entails collaborating in multinational and multicultural teams and operating in the context of different national frameworks.
The contract offered will be of the ESCB/IO type for a minimum of 12 months with the possibility of an extension to three years in total.
- For additional information on this specific vacancy, please speak to the Head of the PCS Division, Ms Maria da Conceicao Macedo, on +49 (0)69 1344 4640.
The recruitment process for this position may include an online interview via WebEx.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, read more.