The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh Day Adventist Church which works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA has been actively serving the communities of South Sudan for over 35 years. ADRA South Sudan’s thematic areas are health, education, food security and livelihood and emergency response.
ADRA South Sudan is seeking to recruit the Business Development Officer who is responsible for developing and writing proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate ADRA South Sudan’s mission and programs to donors. S/he will assemble and submit proposals, conduct prospect research and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. The successful candidate will report to the Programs Director.
Develop/Write high quality proposals and attendant supporting documents
Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities by sector in South Sudan.
Lead on developing and packaging grant proposals to suit requirements of different donors, including working with communications officer to develop marketing materials aimed at different audiences.
Ensure, in coordination with the Country Director with the Programs Director to develop, manage and maintain strategic partnerships with donors.
Conduct all relevant research and data collection in relation to proposal development in coordination with relevant offices/departments and stakeholders.
Manage and ensure completeness and timely submission of proposals and attachments..
Coordinate and follow up progress of submitted proposals
Develop a grants strategy, and maintain a proposal calendar
Maintain a database of relevant research and studies for future reference
Conduct donor intelligence - identifying changes in their thematic priorities, approaches and procedures, preferences and share information with Management.
Support the ADRA South Sudan programme staff to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate academic organizations and private sector firms to leverage ADRA South Sudan chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids.
Ensure M & E Systems that help to effectively collect evidence and demonstrate impact, accountability and value for money to donors are in place and functioning.
Proofread and edit technical documents and proposals.
14. Perform any other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree, but Master’s degree in related field is preferable
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience spent in a resource mobilization in the development or humanitarian response sector.
· An excellent command of both written and spoken English language
· Evidence of ability to write successful proposals
· Knowledge of the various donor’s (UN, NORAD, DANIDA, USAID, DFID, EU, etc) interests, priorities and requirements and the ability to apply that knowledge in preparing project proposals.
· Programmatic expertise on any of the following themes: Food security & livelihood, Primary Health Care, Education, Protection especially on GBV and Emergency Response.
· A good knowledge of the context of South Sudan
· Effective communication skills
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work with little supervision
High proficiency in working with Microsoft Office
Interested candidates must send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com The deadline for receiving applications is 1st February, 2019.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now