Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than one million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund must grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Logistics team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations, extend our geographic reach, and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
Distribution is fundamental to the core model of One Acre Fund, and the logistics team works specifically to enable this cutting edge, cost-efficient, and professional rural delivery system. The Country Logistics Lead will be an integral part of the team that delivers millions of kilograms of life-changing goods each year directly to hundreds of thousands of farm families across East Africa. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the smallholder farmer.
- Managing multiple input distributions throughout the growing season. This includes scheduling, truck loading, staff coordination, and stock level analysis.
- Managing all One Acre Fund inventory and warehouse assets in a safe and secure manner by upholding key security and fraud control policies.
- Managing the logistics department budget which includes inventory, staffing, warehouse, and transport expenses.
- Serving as a liaison between various One Acre Fund departments to support the major annual distribution processes.
- Innovating ways to deliver new categories of life-changing products (e.g. live plant material, poultry, etc.), and to make our delivery network, even more, cost-effective.
- Building and managing a team of warehouse and logistics professionals. Team size ranges based on program location however the average size is about 10 full-time employees and up to 100 seasonal employees.
- Building and managing a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Managing all logistics data and inventory flows within One Acre Fund warehouses and during our busy distribution periods.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Related masters degree is an asset, but not strictly required. (Examples: Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Business Administration, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include demanding professional work experiences, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business,).
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management. Development world experience is an asset but not required.
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data, with high attention to detail. Excel skills particularly an asset.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to working in the role for at least two years; this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English and French required.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing operational environment.
- Ability to set objectives and achieve them
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate.
- Ability to autonomously solve complex problems
- Organized and attentive to details
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. With strong performance, this role has the potential to participate in cross-country projects and because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
PREFERRED START DATE
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, housing.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes*.* Burundian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.