EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Blended Learning Specialist. The Blended Learning Specialist provides innovative approaches to lead efforts in blended learning design and delivery for EnCompass’ clients, including international organizations, U.S. government agencies, and private and public-sector organizations.
The Blended Learning Specialist works as an integral part of a collaborative team to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate training courses and organizational development activities. S/he contributes to best practices in instructional design and the use of educational technologies, including course platforms, e-learning courses, videos, virtual Instructor-Led training (vILT) and other learning products, with a focus on incorporating a variety of media and learning methods to create an effective learning environment.
This full-time position is located at the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD and will report to a Senior Evaluation and Learning Advisor in the Learning and Leadership Development team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential functions include:
Designs blended learning courses, using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches.
Works with subject-matter experts to transform raw content into polished, interactive digital learning.
Develops storyboards for e-tools, e-learning courses, and videos.
Develops dynamic, experiential learning session designs including macro designs, micro designs and collaborates to create training scripts for face-to-face workshops.
Creates infographics, videos, audio voiceover, interactive simulation, creative text and animation learning solutions
Designs and delivers virtual Instructor-Led Training sessions.
Works with clients to conduct learning assessments including research, document reviews, telephone interviews, and focus groups.
Uses a range of authoring tools such as Adobe, Articulate Storyline and others
Brings leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to a range of EnCompass training, learning and leadership development programs.
Supports proposal development in collaboration with other staff and consultants.
Lead knowledge management of media and e-learning assets for the team.
Engages fully as a member of the L&LD and EnCompass staff teams, including participating in staff meetings and other events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Curriculum Design, Organizational Development, Communication, Instructional Design, International Development or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and delivering learning programs for international audiences.
- Membership of the E-Learning Guild or similar professional organization is desirable.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in instructional design with a focus on blended learning.
- Understanding of e-learning standards (SCORM), accessibility guidelines (508), and can create e-learning modules to a specified brief.
- Demonstrated proficiency with industry-related learning technologies and methodologies (e.g. Moodle, ADAPT, Captivate, Articulate, Graphic Design/Photoshop, Video development/editing along with animation or media creation tools)
- Excellent visual design skills with an eye for page layout and graphical styles and are able to create images and graphics that support and enhance learning content
- Curious by nature; eager to self-learn new software and able to pick up new tech tools quickly
- Knowledge of the principles of learning including adult learning, experiential learning, participatory methods, instructional design, Appreciative Inquiry, and whole systems design.
- Strong planning, organization, critical and strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of managing complex training projects.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Experience in the field of international development, or working with multi-cultural environments preferable.
- Experience in e-learning design and development, multimedia production, graphic design, LMS administration, vILT (webinar) production preferable.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English and experience working or living overseas preferable.
- Ability to travel, including internationally.
- Articulate Storyline 2 and/or Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx and/or Zoom
- InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Suite
- Audacity, Adobe Audition and/or Logic Pro
- Cross Knowledge, Moodle and/or Cornerstone
- Office 365, Sharepoint, Teams
- HTML, HTML 5
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.