Contribute technical expertise to biodiversity surveys and High Conservation Value (HCV) Assessments in selected ecosystems as part of multi-disciplinary assessment teams.
• Contribute to the design of scoping studies and/or HCV Assessments as an individual or member of multi-disciplinary Team
• Carry out desk review for area of expertise for specific HCV Areas in Tanintharyi Region
• Carryout interviews with key stakeholders and summarize findings
• Participate in Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews with targeted villages
• Facilitate village workshops to gain local inputs and document local knowledge related to biodiversity and HCVs.
• Carry out field work and field surveys to document the characteristics of the assessed areas.
• Prepared reports documenting process and results of surveys and assessments
• As part of an assessment team, contribute to information sharing workshops and preparation of reports.
• Ensure Fair Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) throughout the process.
The detail output and deliverables are at http://www.**wwf.**o**rg.mm/en/mya**n**mhttp://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/ar_career_pag**e**/**
· Relevant Bachelor Degree or Graduate Degree
· Understanding of concepts of High Conservation Values and importance for for sustainable agriculture and forestry products is an asset.
· 5 years of experience in area of specialization including field surveys
· Areas of Specializaton:
o Forest Inventories
o Vegetation and Taxonomy
o Amphibians and Reptiles
o Social Science
o Agricultural biodiversity
· Fluency in written and spoken Myanmar language and good English skills