Audit and Compliance Coordinator– Mogadishu covering southern states– Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Country Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 14 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $85 million annual budget turnover, more than 70 active awards at any time and over 550 staff.
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in an area of Commerce, accounting or Business administration or related field relevant to the position requirements
* 5 years’ experience in finance and audit working for a large NGO in international development
* A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Auditing
* Knowledge of awards and contracts regulations and reporting requirements of major donors such as EU, DFID, ECHO, UN agencies, DANIDA.
* Experience of managing awards, cooperative agreements and contracts for major donors.
* English/Somali Language Fluency
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to both staff and peers.
* Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organize and priorities work to ensure deadlines are met.
* An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting
* Strong team working skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels both within and outside the team.
* Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
* Proven ability to handle challenging work load with minimum motivation
* Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
* Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
* Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
* Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
Application will be close on 25 May 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents