Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030. ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members. The position is assigned in the Investment and Liability Management Unit (BPOD-ILM) within the Budget, Personnel and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). BPMSD provides services to ADB in the areas of human resources and budget and management services. BPOD-ILM provides services to ADB in the areas of asset liability management (ALM) and investments relating to the Staff Retirement Plan (SRP). To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Investment Analyst (SRP) will provide critical, analytical and technical support in ensuring SRP investments are appropriately managed and performance of fund managers are reported and reviewed regularly. The position is expected to coordinate with ADB internal parties (e.g. CTL, TD, OAG, and Plan participants), investment managers, and global custodian to assist all parties in clarifying matters of interest to their responsibility areas. The incumbent will report to the designated Senior National Staff/ International Staff.
- Provides support in various Investment activities including ensuring SRP assets are invested in accordance with policy guidelines and proper accounting of portfolio inventory. The position will be tasks to review audited month-end reports, report violations encountered and recommending remedial course of action; assist in preparing reports on investment performance, portfolio activities, and changes in asset value; provide market data for report preparation and maintain and monitor appropriate databases.
- Monitors various derivatives and their purpose used by the fund managers, ensuring that they are in compliance with the SRP investment policy guidelines; raises inconsistencies and violations for immediate action. Ensures that swaps, financial futures, and currency forwards are within the threshold/limit. Maintains records of swap documentations.
- Monitors multi-currency cash positions and reconciles the cash positions in each currency with the required cash for settlement on a country-by-country basis. Monitors currency spot and forward transactions and checks the currency positions' compliance with the SRP investment guidelines.
- Monitors securities lending/repo transactions and checks that open positions are followed by corresponding closing positions, on a country-by-country basis.
- Monitor swap, forex, and cash deposit counterparty credit ratings against SRP investment guidelines and reports any non-compliance.
- Establishes and maintains a systematic approach to monitoring taxes withheld on investment earnings and ensuring the fund to the Plan.
- Assists in managing relationships between investment managers and global custodian for smooth and efficient post trade processing and reporting. Monitors and validates fees charged for management of portfolio, custodial services and consulting services against terms of contracts and valid underlying activities. Arranges for payment of these fees and maintains a systematic filing system of all fees charged and their corresponding payments for easy retrieval as future reference.
- Assists in research and study undertaken by Investment and Liability Management Unit. Keeps current with software technology provided by global custodian, other relevant financial information system providers and ADB. Coordinates with software providers and OIST for the installation and maintenance of SRP software applications in users' workstations.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned from time to time.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience preferably in international banking operations, pension fund investment or pension fund administration or accounting. Experience in other fields will be considered.
- Proficiency in computer software in common use at ADB and specialized Treasury related software.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; good memo composition, editing skills, and excellent typing skills; good communication, interpersonal, and coordinating skills.
- Good understanding and knowledge of business protocols, ADB's procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of the position's duties.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices; ability to work with minimum supervision, exercise good judgment on matters of confidentiality, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the Unit and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level AS 6-7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience. ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.