To provide support in managing engineering activities on a shift basis for the safe, efficient and economic operation and maintenance of the ADB's engineering services.
Under the overall guidance of the Facilities Planning and Management Specialist, contributes independently to the work of the unit by completing a variety of tasks assigned in compliance to internal controls and guidelines, covering all or a combination of the following functions:
Engineering and Building Operations Maintenance
- On a shift basis, assists the Senior Facilities Planning and Management Officer in the supervision and monitoring of contractors' staff in order to ensure that all building engineering services are in safe, efficient and economical operating condition
- Oversees the proper conduct of routine maintenance work and the daily inspections on assigned building engineering systems to ensure these are operating within the normal parameters. Prepares shift log report highlighting work accomplishments and important occurrences during the shift.
- Assists in the coordination of contractor works to ensure the proper implementation of installations, modifications, repairs and major servicing of equipment or other activities associated with the building engineering systems.
- Maintains and evaluates records of maintenance services undertaken on systems and equipment
- Troubleshoots, locates faults and proposes course of action when problems arise in ADB’s engineering services.
- Assists in devising of programs and preparation of schedules for the preventive maintenance of engineering services and ensures that these programs are properly implemented and completed on schedule.
- Assists in the coordination with utility companies on matters such as service interruption and related problems and with government agencies in relation to securing permits and licenses for operation of various engineering services.
- Assists in evaluating engineering designs and project proposals, coordination of various alteration and improvement projects and inspection/commissioning of completed projects for proper turn-over
- Proposes improvements to existing equipment and systems in line with the new development in technology, government regulations, ADB’s Energy, Environment, Health and Safety Management Systems (E2HSMS) requirements following ISO 50001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) guidelines.
- Assists in the recommendation, implementation and monitoring of ADB's resource conservation and waste reduction measures and cost control.
- Supports the operation and maintenance services in Business Continuity Facility (BCF), Clark including securing of compliance certification from local government and Clark Economic Freeport Zone.
Budget Planning and Control
- Provides inputs to budget estimates of utilities, equipment and spare parts required for the operation of the various building services, and monitors actual expenditures to maximize operational efficiency.
- Prepares requisitions of equipment, tools, spare parts, engineering supplies and materials, and regularly reviews the inventory to ensure stock in the engineering store are kept within the pre-determined limits.
- Assists the senior engineer on duty in ensuring continuous operation of the ADB's essential services to prevent damage to property by making himself available for duty during holidays and in time of emergencies such as typhoons, power or water supply interruptions, civil disturbances, etc.
- Assumes the duties of the supervisor in his/her absence.
- Assists in reviewing service contracts and in preparing Work Performance Statements and Service Level Agreements in accordance with established policies and guidelines of ADB.
- Coordinates prompt response to internal complaints/requests to facilities services coursed through the respective client request system.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan to meet the strategic objectives of the unit, division, and department as a whole
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical or electrical); registered electrical/mechanical engineer
- At least 5 years of experience in Building Engineering and Maintenance Services with a large organization
- Solid working knowledge in the maintenance, repair and installation of building services equipment
- Sound knowledge of standard ADB software
- Strong engineering problem solving skills
- Ability to develop thorough understanding of ADB's building services in a specialized area
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank's safety rules and regulations. Awareness of application of E2HSMS and LEED guidelines in Building Facilities and Engineering Operations
- Extensive theoretical knowledge of engineering techniques
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good command or written and spoken English
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive and respectful work environment.