A reinvigorated resident coordinator system is at the centre of a repositioned United Nations development system, and while the system has been instrumental in driving coherence on the ground over the past four decades, it is now insufficiently robust to respond to the needs of the 2030 Agenda. The report stresses that resident coordinator offices will need to be adequately staffed to ensure sufficient substantive capacities to lead United Nations country teams. The core capacity will include expertise in coordination and strategic planning, economics, results monitoring and evaluation, and strategic partnerships, and a robust standing communications capacity within United Nations country teams.
This post is part of this new generation of resident coordinator offices, with the new skillset and competencies required to deliver on the 2030 Agenda.
The position is in the United Nations Resident Coordination Office (RCO) and reports to the Senior Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Development Coordination Officer, Data Management and Results Monitoring/Reporting will be responsible of the following duties:
Summary of Functions:
1. Provides substantive support for the development and implementation of the UNCT data and research strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
2. Assists in the development and expansion of strategic research and data partnerships, including with UN entities at regional and HQ level, government counterparts, research institutes, leading global thinkers on development, and civil society, among others focusing on achievement of the following results:
3. Undertakes monitoring and reporting of UNCT results under the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Supports knowledge management and capacity development related to data and monitoring focusing on achievement of the following results:
Models independent thinking and action:
Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others:
Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully:
Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis:
Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services:
· Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, information management, statistics, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with four additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
· A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to research and data analysis, knowledge management or project/programme management in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
Proficiency in English and Pilipino
Important applicant information
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please select "PILIPINO" as language if applicable.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staffs and encourages applications from qualified candidates and persons with disabilities.
UNDP is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNDP staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNDP jobs.
UNDP has zero tolerance of sexual abuse, abuse of authority and exploitation.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now