The Girls Not Brides secretariat is seeking an Assistant to provide research and administrative support to its Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Team for an initial period of one year (subject to potential renewal). The LAC Team is responsible for ensuring effective implementation of Girls Not Brides' strategy in the Latin American and Caribbean region, and informing Girls Not Brides' global perspective and work with knowledge and understanding of the regional context. Reporting directly to the Head of LAC Engagement, the successful candidate will be based in Mexico City. This is initially a home-based role, with all necessary equipment and technology provided by Girls Not Brides.
Research, policy and external relations
· Support the LAC Team in its development and implementation of advocacy strategies for the Girls Not Brides Partnership.
· Draft written materials to support the Partnership’s work in the region, including research briefs, website content, advocacy materials and social media content.
· Assist in managing region-specific communications to members, including advocacy opportunities, potential newsletter, and similar.
· Contribute to other varied learning and communications products as appropriate.
· Help to develop and implement regional information-sharing practices between member and potential member organisations and relevant stakeholders.
· Monitor regional or national research and share via the Girls Not Brides Resource Centre, website, and similar.
General team support and administration
· Provide administrative support, including logistical and travel arrangements for the LAC team.
· Support internal and external communications.
· Ensure effective calendar management, including the organisation, recording and follow-up on internal and external meetings and events using Float and other Girls Not Brides systems.
· Assist in drafting, editing and proof reading of briefing papers.
· Regularly update contacts and meeting notes in the Girls Not Brides shared databases such as Salesforce and Dropbox.
· Assist with monitoring and reporting on internal evaluation frameworks and strategic plans.
Wider responsibilities of Girls Not Brides team members
· Commit to the mission and vision of Girls Not Brides, putting them at the forefront of all planning, work and actions.
· Uphold the core values of Girls Not Brides in all areas of work and interactions with colleagues, members, partners and other stakeholders.
· Comply with Girls Not Brides policies and processes, with particular note for safeguarding, the code of conduct and data protection.
· Ensure that internal databases and monitoring information are kept fully up-to-date.
· Commit to ongoing personal development and learning.
· Fulfil any other reasonable requests for the advancement of the Girls Not Brides.
· University degree in a relevant area (such as public policy, development studies, Latin American studies, international relations, human rights or gender issues) or proven experience in a related field.
· Fluent in English and Spanish (written and speaking)
· Ability to develop effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to resolve problems and adapt plans as required.
· Willingness to work in a collaborative team and with diverse alliances.
· Highly reliable, proactive and capable of independent judgement.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, and with a keen eye for accuracy and detail and potential implementation challenges;
· Willingness to travel.
· Sound knowledge of policy and advocacy processes in Latin America
· Knowledge of the child marriage field highly desirable.
At Girls Not Brides we are committed to the wellbeing, empowerment and rights of children, and to safeguarding children from harm in all of our activities. Girls Not Brides aims to promote an environment of trust and understanding where the welfare of children is paramount. You will be expected to adhere to the Girls Not Brides Child Safeguarding Policy and its Code of Conduct and report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children in accordance with agreed procedures.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now