Title: Assistant Digital Engagement Officer
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: up to 30 June 2020
Contract Type: UNOPS, IICA 1
Closing date: 11 December, 2019
Start date: 20 January, 2020
The GRF Coordination Team will play a role in maintaining a global overview of GCR implementation and GRF follow-up, providing input and advice on GCR implementation with respect to larger change processes, and developing the substantive content of key global events related to the GCR in collaboration with the Governance Service. This work will be undertaken in close consultation with Headquarters Services and Divisions, Regional Bureaux, and Country and Regional Offices, and in collaboration, where appropriate with States and partners engaged in and supporting GCR implementation.
Following the request by Member States in 2017 for a single platform to access all key information related to the CRRF, UNHCR facilitated the development of the Digital Portal with the objective to create a global community of practice around comprehensive responses. The portal is designed to be the primary repository of information on the application of comprehensive responses (CRRF) and seeks to foster learning across different contexts. The global compact on refugees envisages that the portal that will be used by governments, private sector and other partners to exchange information, good practices and approaches on comprehensive responses. As such, the portal is an open-source tool designed to support the multi-stakeholder approach of comprehensive responses.**The position**
This role will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Policy Advisor, who will set objectives and monitor progress in line with the work plan for the roll-out of the Digital Platform, including the review and editing of submitted content, the implementation of an engagement strategy with users, and the integration of the Platform within the related work streams of the GRF Coordination Team.
Duties and responsibilities
The Assistant Digital Engagement Officer will support the roll-out of the Digital Platform for the Global Compact on Refugees through:
· Vetting and editing of content submitted for the Platform.
· Liaising with Country offices, Partners, and UNHCR Staff on content strategy and editorials for portal.
· Encouraging active use by colleagues and partners outside HQs.
· Supporting the development of messaging to ensure Global Refugee Response Good Practice is effectively communicated digitally across social media and traditional digital media outlets.
· Supporting the management of the digital community and dialogue.
· Monitoring digital content, including editorial, photography, and video.
· Building dialogue and coordinating with partners to identity appropriate resources and Best Practice documentation to publish on portal.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will have:
· Master’s degree in policy and law and/or international relations.
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience preferably in policy and law, communications, and international relations or related field;
· Computer skills (all Microsoft programs including Excel);
· Past experience in marketing and communications
· Past experience with the UN and/or with a humanitarian I/NGO is desirable;
· Fluency in written and oral French, English, and Spanish is preferred.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in Geneva, Switzerland