CIAT, on behalf of IITA, is seeking to recruit an Application Developer with the responsibility of administering a cloud-based server, hosting software applications for data collection and data processing for project users. The position is nationally recruited and will be based at IITA Offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
· Administer a cloud-based server hosting software applications for data collection and data processing for project users, and information delivery to target end users, with emphasis on deploying and upgrading software, server security, and cloud computing
· Develop and maintain mobile applications to communicate agronomic recommendations to pilot end users, integrating smartphone apps, USSD and IVR
· Integrate systems to collect feedback from the application end-users, extract learnings, and automate these processes to communicate results to the project team
· Interact closely and frequently with teams of scientists and clients to compile, refine, discuss and prioritize application requirements
· Maintain detailed documentation and develop end-user manuals for all applications developed
· Contribute to streamlining and maintaining scripts for data processing and prediction engines to deliver recommendations on agronomic technologies, in collaboration with data scientist
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now