The Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation (MoFEC), through the international Financial Institute Directorate; is the Government’s coordinating body for aid effectiveness and development cooperation. The Directorate is the focal point for all communications and engagements with international actors related to global partnerships and effectiveness of development cooperation efforts. It initiatives policies, strategies and directives related to effective development cooperation efforts and follows- up on their implementation.
The Directorate serves as the Secretariat for the High – Level Forum between the Government and the DAG and chairs the Effective Development Cooperation Taskforce, It also works to enhance the collection and monitoring of aid data in the country, through the Aid Management platform.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the international Financial Institution Directorate of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, the AMP coordinator/Statiscian will oversee the organization , storage and in depth analysis of aid data to guide the management of aid in the country.
Summary of Key Functions;
- Enshure availability of accurate and up –to date data and report
- Lead and coordinate the overall managment of the database
- Support in the monitoring of global effective development cooperation principles.
1. Ensure availability of accurate and up- to date official development assistance data on and report from AMP;
- Undertake regular follow up on timely data entry on commitments, disbursements and other related fields by experts in the relevant directorate of Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, development partners, DAG secretariat, line ministries and regions;
- Ensure the availability of accurate periodic analytical reports to top management to shape policies and management of ODA in the country and appropriate dissemination to all relevant offices and the general public.
- Prepare and publish quality annual and biannual statistical bulletin, brusher and booklet on development cooperation.
- Develop training manual
- Arrange and provide training for MoFEC, donor , line ministries and region AMP focal persons
- Design and propose data quality assurance strategy.
- Develop and revise and oversee the implementation of data quality assurance guidelines
- Monitor and prepare report on AMP usage by MoFEC , development partners, line ministries and regions.
- Contribute to MoFEC website by posting various reports, data and bulletins for public use
- Other activities assigned by director
2. Lead and coordinate the overall managment of the database including software update, inclusion of new and modification of exsiting modules:
- Oversee the implementation of the AMP exit strategy and the planned takeover of the AMP by the Ministry’s IT directorate including undertaking of testing of the database for delivery of all modules and services as per the requirement.
- Lead the roll out of the database to relevant GoE offices and regional bureaus
- Liaise with AMP focal persons of the various workspaces in the external economic cooperation division, development partners, line ministries and regions to provide technical support on AMP utilization.
- Engage with all national and international stakeholders to proper and efficient utilization of the database data for planning and management of ODA.
3. Support in the monitoring of global effective development cooperation priciples and commitments though naitonal and international platforms such as the Global partnershp monitoring survery.
- In collaboration with DAG secretariat organize a launching and validation workshop
- Participate in the collection GPEDC monitoring survey from development partners, private institution and CSOs in the country.
- Participate in the compilation and submission of the national survey result.
- Self – motivated , ability to work with minimum supervision and seriousness about quality and timeliness of work.
- Self – development, intiative- taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Informed and transparent decison – making
- Demonstrates capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet deadlines and support other colleaques to achieve the organizaiton’s goal .
- Full proficiency in using web – based tool, and good knowlege on AMP and other computer application software like micro soft excel, access a, and SPSS
- Familiar with OECD ODA statisticaal provisions
- Familiar with the governemnt national development strategy plan
- Excellent numerical and statisctical skills
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- MSc and/or BSc degree in statistics or related fields
- 6 years’ experience with BSC and 4 years’ experience with MSc in aid data collection, analysis and reporting
- Practical understand of aid management platform database is required.
- Proven experience with the Government of Ethiopia , in particular with development finance and cooperation;
- Experience or familiarity with the bilateral and multilateral agencies.
- Fluency in English and the national language of the duty station
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One Year