- Build and lead on implementation of revenue model and fee generation for SDG Impact, with the view of full cost recovery and increased revenue/income for UNDP.
- Lead on ensuring appropriate institutional arrangements and coordination across UNDP HQ, Regional Bureaux, and Country Offices.
- Lead on development of capacity development planning and training of Country Offices on overall initiative.
- Support UNDP country offices in the development of country mapping exercises and hosting investor convenings to build local networks between investors and enterprises, laying groundwork for potential matchmaking service/platform.
- Lead on communications aspects, such as SDG Impact portal, discussion forums- internal and external.
- Represent SDG Impact at relevant impact investing conferences and meetings, participating in panel discussions and advocacy campaigns.
- Contribute to the overall Finance Hub functioning, including influencing UNDP’s strategy in the SDG and impact management arena through continuous analysis, documentation, codification of results/lessons learned in collaboration with BCTA, UNSIF and other initiatives While also leveraging the Financial Hub to ensure alignment and effective deployment of SDG Impact’ tools and thought leadership, and scale up its impact.
- Oversee the contracting and lead the design of the country mapping methodology and implementation of the methodology in five UNDP countries.
- Support regions and countries to develop and distribute market impact intelligence on the SDGs through local country offices.
- Support UNDP country offices in hosting investor convenings to build local networks between investors and enterprises, laying groundwork for potential matchmaking service/platform.
- Coordinate and manage inter-agency and donor coordination required to deliver country mapping reports and investor convenings.
- Develop and share knowledge-based tools and guidance to help influence and/or advance understanding of the financing the SDGs and the role of SDG Impact and present such material at various fora.
- Develop and refine systems, in coordination with other UNDP initiatives, for data collection and sharing information among public and private sector partners.
- Collect and analyze data on the private sector to make evidence-based decisions to better contribute to outcome level change and the overall impact of the Finance Hub.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate industry market trends from a wide variety of internal and external sources to support decision making and provide business insight.
- Contribute to an exchange of knowledge by collaborating with policy teams across UNDP on knowledge-based tools and guidance to help influence/advance policy dialogue around impact measurement and management.
- Support the capacity development of UNDP staff in application of tools and practices around impact management as part of the new UNDP private sector strategy.
- Actively and regularly engage with the Leadership of the Finance Sector Hub, BPPS and BERA to ensure that everyone’s work is informed by developments in the SDG Impact arena and the appropriate information in channel to the ExO.
- Advise the Director on appropriate decision making for all contracts, MoUs, and partnership agreements with various organizations and academic institutions.
- Participate in the development of the standards, working with relevant UNDP experts, IMP team members and participants of the Standards Committee, especially Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI), Principles for Responsible Investments (PRI) and World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA).
- Refine initial SDG Country Mapping outline with support of external partners to achieve consensus on appropriate content.
- Based on agreed content and standardized methodology for reporting market intelligence related to SDG-enabling investments, facilitate the delivery of mapping reports in five countries, one in each region.
- Develop, in the context of the Finance Hub, a strategy for scaling the implementation of the Country Mapping reports to 20 countries in 2019.
- Develop partnerships with academic institutions to support the delivery of SDG Impact products.
- Provide guidance on investor convening materials and strategies to support events tied to the launch of each of the country mapping reports.
- In coordination with the Finance Hub, lead external advocacy, fund raising, resource mobilization with donors, collaborate with and support the internal/external project team members with the achievements of all project objectives.
- Support and guide the implementation of SDG Impact workplan.
- Participate in knowledge management and practice networks.
- Represent SDG Impact in events and forums
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to design and implement strategic short/long term campaigns and carry out customized activations to highlight UNDP's position and support issue-based advocacy.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to substantively engage and foster networks with academia, research institutions and think tanks.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programmes/Projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of UNDP.
- Ability to effectively communicate intensions and requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced university degree (Masters’) in Public Finance, Business Economics, Social Sciences, International Development Studies, Marketing or a related area.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in sustainable development-related organizations as well as experience in knowledge management, data mapping, integration analysis and policy interpretation and implementation.
- Experience working in developing country settings is an asset.
- Experience working with private sector is an asset.
- Fluent and proficient in English, both written and oral. Fluency in another UN language is an asset.
Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension